Working with innovators to impact the future of prostate cancer diagnosis and care, blending finance with insights and support.
Criteria for investment
- We are looking to invest in companies that are working on treatments or diagnostics that are relevant to prostate cancer
- No limitation on stage of prostate cancer (i.e. not limited to advanced prostate cancer)
- Ability to fund adjacent issues which are relevant to prostate cancer patients (e.g. pain relief, side effects of prostate cancer treatments)
- Proven Connect will consider applications from outside the UK
- In order to apply for Innovate UK aligned funding you must be UK registered
Nature of investment
- Majority of investments expected to be equity investments (or convertible notes). Ability to provide non-dilutive grant funding with milestone payments / royalties to be discussed
PCR is currently able to invest up to £50,000 per company and will share the investment opportunity with our investment partners to support the funding round. Investment partners include the UKRI Healthy aging partnership and if your investment application meets their criteria you can can apply for 50% aligned grant funding.
- Seed rounds of university spin-out and early-stage companies
- Series A & B when new partnering with VC end of 2022
Support for portfolio companies
- Access to expert advice through Translational Research Director (TRD), Translational Scientific Advisory Committee (TSAC), Prostate Cancer Research’s Committee (PCRC’s) network of peer reviewers and Scientific Advisory Committee. Proven’s People
- Good understanding of prostate cancer ecosystem to identify gaps and competitors
- Access to patients, either to provide feedback on design of therapeutic / diagnostic, or potential candidates for clinical trial
- Access to pipeline of academic for collaboration opportunities
*Proven Connect is in discussion regarding the raise of a prostate cancer fund.